Here is some info that will assist with wheel building and calculating spoke length with e*thirteen rims and hubs.
Effective Rim Diameter (ERD):
- Your rims ERD is printed on a decal opposite of the valve hole.
- If the decal has been removed and you need to measure ERD, here is how you do that.
Critical Hub Dimensions:
- Flange diameter and center-to-flange measurements are printed on all our hub shell bodies on the decal between the flanges. Please reference you hub for these measurements.
- Spoke hole diameter: 2.6mm
Spokes and Nipples
- Spoke Spec and Recommendations
- e*thirteen Wheel Spoke Lengths
- Nipple Size: We use 12mm nipples on all our wheels.
- Nipple Material: Our Base level wheels use black brass nipples and our Plus and Race level wheels use black alloy nipples with preapplied thread-locker.
- Nipple Washers: We recommend using round nipple washers on all wheel builds. The nipple washers we use are 0.3mm stainless steel and concave.
- Recommended Spoke Tension: We recommend 110-130 kgf for spoke tension.