TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN #161
May 10, 2022
Provided By: e*thirteen Technical & Engineering Dept.
Direct Questions To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download full TSB here: TSB #161
UPDATE FOR HELIX RACE CASSETTE USE ON EBIKES
THIS TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN IS INTENDED FOR:
Distributors, Dealers & End-Users
- e*thirteen Helix Race 11-Speed Cassettes
- 9/46T part #s FW2HRA-106, FW2HRA-107, FW2URA-113
- e*thirteen Helix Race 12-Speed Cassettes
- 9/45T, part #s FW2HRA-100, FW2HRA-101
- 9/50T, part #s FW2HRA-102, FW2HRA-103, FW2HRA-104, FW2HRA-105, FW2URA-112
- e*thirteen Helix Race Cassettes were released in 2021 with focused improvements on shift quality, weight reduction and drivetrain brand cross-compatibility.
- Helix Race cassettes were developed for MTB use and not recommended for EMTBs at that time.
- For 2022, updates were made to Helix cassettes to strengthen key loading points to ensure ebike compatibility and e*thirteen now approves Helix Race cassettes for use on EMTBs.
- While still not considered our “e*spec rated” cassette, riders can now use Helix Race cassettes on EMTBs and retain the full benefits of their robust e*thirteen product warranty.
- The Helix Plus 9/50 12s cassette (Part# FW2HPA-100) and TRS+ 9/46 11s cassette (Part# FW2TPA-101) are our “e*spec rated” cassettes and are the best option for general EMTB use.
When the cycling world calls for reliable performance solutions, e*thirteen responds.
A global organization of expert designers, engineers, developers, manufactures, marketers, sales teams, and customer service players, e*thirteen is dedicated to building bold,“best in class“ bicycle solutions for today and tomorrow’s riders. After 20 years of building unique solutions across a variety of industry needs, e*thirteen is a leader providing bike retailers and riders high performing products with one goal – To stay true to the promise of fearless engineering for the best possible and most reliable ride.