MODEL YEAR ‘23 RETAIL PRICE POLICY
CY23 is kicking off with a vastly different market condition than the start of CY22. The realities of high inventory, tighter cash flow and slowing demand requires a policy which isn’t tone deaf to these circumstances and shows true empathy for all involved. We have discussed this topic with key partners, shared pain points, and arrived at what we think can be a partnership driven MAP(Minimum Advertised Price) model that is relevant and can support mutual success in today's business environment.
In an attempt to partner directly with e*thirteen dealers and help expedite the journey to healthy inventory levels, e*thirteen will make the following changes to our MAP policy:
- Allow discounts on all in-stock e*thirteen product through Mar 31, 2023
- Max allowable discount = 40% off MAP
- No MAP on product when its replaced by a New Product Introduction/Launch from April 1 to Dec 31, 2023
- MAP removed on predecessor product at launch date of successor
- Successor has standard MAP policy in place
- Only predecessor product is subject to MAP removal
- MAP removal is indefinite for successor product after removal date
- Cooperative promotions for month prior to launches of new product Introductions
- e*thirteen will provide a Annual promotion calendar(Feb,2023)
- Calendar will show what product is being promoted, and introduced
- This will provide visibility to new launches, and promotion windows
- Promotion products will be offered at a lower price leading up to the promotion month.
Standard CY23 MAP Policy for all product excluding “Promotions” as defined in the above during periods dictated by e*thirteen Promotion Calendar:
In order to protect the brand image and interests of its dealers, e*thirteen deems it necessary to employ a price policy that aligns minimum advertised price (MAP) with MSRP for all legally applicable markets globally. e*thirteen believes that the advertisement of its MY23 products below the suggested retail price lowers the overall brand image and does not provide sufficient margin for post-sale support and product service by e*thirteen dealers. The following information provides you with an explanation of the e*thirteen Retail Price Policy for Model Year 2023:
1. Only those dealers adhering to the current MAP policy will be authorized to use e*thirteen trademarks, copyrighted text and images (product or otherwise) in their advertisements.
2. For the purpose of this policy, “advertisement” means an announcement in one or more forms of media, including but not limited to print, coupon, public signage, internet/websites (or similar electronic media) and email for the purpose of promoting the sales or solicitation of sales for e*thirteen products.
3. e*thirteen products may not be sold using “price matching”, “call for price”, “make an offer” or “package deal” sales strategies, which result in a discounted price below the MAP.
4. For the purpose of online sales, the entire web page used to complete the sale, including the shopping cart, will be considered part of the advertisement (no “put in cart for price” sales.)
5. e*thirteen products may be sold on auction sites for a “Buy It Now” price, so long as the price listed conforms to the MAP policy and the dealer’s contact information is clearly listed in the auction.
6. All dealers conforming to the terms of this policy shall be granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to use all e*thirteen trademarks, copyrighted text and images (product or otherwise) in their advertisements.
7. This policy has been unilaterally adopted and implemented by e*thirteen. e*thirteen\ personnel or distributors are not authorized to vary its terms. e*thirteen will determine whether a dealer is in violation of this policy and will enforce its terms as we believe appropriate. e*thirteen retains the right to cease selling to a dealer or distributor at any time, for any reason, and may do so if a dealer is in violation of this or any of our other policies. e*thirteen will not accept complaints from a third party regarding policy violations.
8. e*thirteen does not seek and will not accept any agreement with any dealer regarding their pricing or adherence to this policy. All dealers are free to determine their own retail prices and margins, however e*thirteen will enforce this advertising policy.
9. Closeout or non-current model year products need not conform to this policy; however, “closeout” or the non-current model year (i.e. “2019”) must be listed in close proximity to the product in the advertisement.
For the purpose of this policy, the minimum advertised retail price shall not be lower than the MSRP listed in the most current price list for all items. This policy is subject to change without notice. For the most current price list, please email your e*thirteen sales representatives.