May 22, 2023
Provided By: e*thirteen Technical & Engineering Dept.
Direct Questions To: email@example.com
Helix Steel Cluster Heat Treatment Issue
THIS TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN IS INTENDED FOR:
Distributors, dealers & end-users
- STEEL sections of Helix Plus and Helix Race complete cassette SKUs and service part steel cluster SKUs of specific production date codes listed below.
e*thirteen part numbers and impacted production date codes (See photo below for date code location ID):
|Impacted PN||Description||Impacted Date Code|
|FW2HPA-100||Helix Plus 9-50||36O ~ 49O|
|FW2HRA-100||Helix Race 9-45 Intergalactic||42O|
|FW2HRA-101||Helix Race 9-45 Grey||42O|
|FW2HRA-102||Helix Race 9-50 Intergalactic||38O ~ 42O|
|FW2HRA-103||Helix Race 9-50 Bronze||38O ~ 42O|
|FW2HRA-104||Helix Race 9-50 Eggplant||38O ~ 42O|
|FW2HRA-105||Helix Race 9-50 Naranja||38O ~ 42O|
|FW2HRA-118||Helix Race 9-52 Intergalactic||38O ~ 42O|
|FW2HRA-119||Helix Race 9-52 Bronze||38O ~ 42O|
|FW2HRA-120||Helix Race 9-52 Eggplant||38O ~ 42O|
|FW2HRA-121||Helix Race 9-52 Naranja||38O ~ 42O|
|FW2HRA-122||Helix Race 9-52 Grey||38O ~ 42O|
|FW2URA-107||Helix Race 9-50/52 Steel Cluster||38O ~ 42O|
|FW2URA-112||Helix Race 9-50 Grey||38O ~ 42O|
|FWS20-117||Helix Plus Steel Cluster||36O ~ 49O|
|FWS20-120||Helix Race 9-45 Steel Cluster||42O|
PRODUCT NOT INCLUDED
- Alloy portions of complete cassettes or individual service SKUs for alloy cassette sections
- Steel portions of Helix Plus and Helix Race cassettes from production date code batches other than those listed above
- Helix 13-52 Cassettes
- TRS+ and XCX cassette models
- e*thirteen has identified specific production batches of steel cassette portions on Helix Plus and Helix Race models which were improperly heat treated. Steel portions of cassettes with the production date codes listed above may experience tooth breakage or sectional cog failure under normal use.
- e*thirteen will replace impacted steel portions of cassettes listed according to our warranty policy.
- Only the steel portions of the cassettes of the noted production batches and models are impacted.
- e*thirteen is making every effort to limit the quantity of these cassettes that reach the market by working with distribution and retail partners.
- Riders with impacted cassettes should file a warranty claim via support.ethirteen.com to have their steel section replaced with a properly heat-treated part.
DATE CODE IDENTIFICATION
- The production date code can be found laser etched on the largest cog of the steel cassette section as shown in the image below. Some models have this info on the outward facing cog face and do not require removal. Other models have this info on the inward facing cog face and may be sighted from the back of the cassette or will require removal of the steel portion of the cog. Date codes are in the form of 2 numbers and a letter; in the example below, 38 + O:
A global organization of expert designers, engineers, developers, manufacturers, marketers, sales teams, and customer service players, e*thirteen builds bold, best-in-class bicycle solutions. After 20 years of building unique solutions across a variety of industry needs, e*thirteen leads by providing bike retailers and riders with high-performance products with one goal – fearless engineering for the best and most reliable ride.